What can I take to help control my atrial fibrillation?

Q: What are options for the control of Atrial Fibrillation besides taking Amioderone? I am concerned about its reported side effects. I am 81 and in good health. My BP tends to be in the low 100s over 60s. (109/65) I have been taking beta blocker Metroprolol and Coumaden since the first incident.

A: There are medications besides Amiodarone that are used to treat atrial fibrillation. Flecainide, Propafenone, Sotalol, and Dofetilide are some examples. Also it is possible to have an ablation procedure which destroys a small amount of tissue in the heart felt to be the origin of the conduction problem. You should discuss your concerns with your doctor.

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)
Loading ... Loading ...